Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

Two More Yellow-legged Gulls

Had another lovely juv Yellow-legged Gull on the Estuary yesterday, along with my first juv Lesser Black-backed of the summer and a juv Med Gull.  Sadly, just like my first, it remained distant...

Just right of centre, compare with the juv Herring Gull in the bottom left of the photo - it was a hefty thing.

I had another one this afternoon as well, offshore amongst c200 large gulls following one of the boats from Beer.  Don't get me wrong I am glad I've seen three, but I really wouldn't mind a close one soon!!

Later on along the Estuary I saw my first Common Gull of the summer, an adult, and a juv Water Rail which nicely confirms successful breeding here yet again.  Also heard there was a Sanderling on Black Hole Marsh, but I didn't get round to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment