Pages

Monday 31 May 2010

Ray Mears Eat Your Heart Out

Well this will be my last post for a short while, Kym and I are going on our first camping trip. I'd love to take a moth trap with me... but think that would be pushing it a little too far!! (I don't think she knows I'm taking my binos yet!)

Had the moth trap out last night, it was quite windy when I went to bed so really wasn't expecting much. This morning though I had another two firsts for the garden! :-)

Cream Wave

Pale Mottled Willow; not the most exciting addition to my list!!!

In all there were 26 moths of 15 species, as of late, new species for the year are in red: 4 Heart and Dart, 4 Shuttle-shaped Dart, 3 Common Marbled Carpet, 2 Elephant Hawkmoth, 2 Brimstone, 2 Vine's Rustic, and singles of: Scalloped Hazel, Muslin Moth, Flame Shoulder, Treble Lines, Green Carpet, Red Twin-spot Carpet and Silver-ground Carpet.

I can't believe it is nearly June already....just where did Spring go???

Anyway, I'm off to wrestle Bears....



No comments:

Post a Comment