Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2010

A World Premiere!

With little time for birding over the past two days, it's time to publish the post I have been threatening some of the local birders with...

Lurking in a dusty box in the corner of my bedroom is this...

Produced in 1997!

A local musician worked with the local schools to produce this video. In 1997, I was in my last year at Seaton Primary School, so was part of this project. We put on a performance in Kilmington, which was filmed for the video. I have just watched it for the first time in years, here's a few shots of the star of the show...

Aren't I cute.....what went wrong??!

To go with the music for the video, we were also filmed during an outing to the Estuary...

Me again, and Coronation Corner in 1997! Little did I know I'd find a Bonaparte's Gull from roughly the same spot ten years later!!!

But the whole entire point of this post, is this....

The camera man returned to the Estuary alone to film the scenery and birds. For the video he got some nice footage of Black-headed Gulls, Wigeon. And these....

The Axe 1997 Smew!

I actually remember them quite well, as they tried to feed in the ice-free patches of the Estuary. There were several Goosanders around at the same time too, I recall seeing about six hauled up on the mud north of Coronation Corner. If I remember rightly the Smew stayed for about a week. It was just total luck that the camera man for 'The sounds of the River Axe' visited the Estuary when they were here.

I tried to film the video playing on my telly...it didn't really work at all! But here it is anyway....

IF YOU SUFFER FROM EPILEPSY DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO CLIP!!!!



Hope to get some birding in tomorrow morning, and I have a good feeling about it too....

No comments:

Post a Comment