Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Finally!!

Mr Black Red of Durley Road stayed put long enough this morning, allowing me to get a couple of record shots...

Who's a pretty boy then?

No sign of either of the two female-types as yet today, but a look around Beer gave me another four Black Reds; one male.

I was going to get up early and do some vis migging today, but a look at the weather forecast last night put me off. After a late wake-up this morning, I've been kicking myself as several fairly large Wood Pigeon flocks have been flying west over my house. Here's part of one...

I reckon several thousand of these have gone over this morning, all uncounted... bums!

I've just checked the weather for tomorrow morning, it looks like it's going to be clear. Whatever I read or hear between now and then I'm just going to ignore. I WILL get up and I WILL get counting, watch this space...

2 comments:

  1. One flock alone had at least 1,500 birds in it this morning, Steve! Reckon you'd have had a big total today.

    ReplyDelete