Pages

Thursday 3 September 2009

Balearic 6 - 0 Sooty

............ PANTS!!!!!!

A seawatch this morning was never going to produce much; a brisk westerly wind and clear skies. I think I did well to get six Balearic Shearwaters, but none were stringable into Sooties! Otherwise it was just two Kittiwake, three Sandwich Terns and three Commic Terns.

I've just found out Ian M has has just had a Sooty past......

DOUBLE PANTS!!!!

I had a quick look for the Wryneck after my seawatch, I did indeed see it - but only for about thirty seconds! This southward traveller was much more obliging....


A Spotted Fly

Also notched up two Whitethroats and a Wheatear during my short time here.

3 comments:

  1. Two great looking images.
    Fantastic.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys - I must take my telescope up here more often so I can get more shots like this... especially when it's a Brown Fly!

    ReplyDelete