Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2009

All Work And No Play

I've been working far too much! And have far too much work on the horizon!

The only birding I have managed was a quick whizz up the river yesterday morning, where this Bar-tailed Godwit was the highlight - my second of the autumn...

Look how over-exposed that Black-headed Gull is!!

I had the moth trap out on Sunday night, and was rewarded with an OK catch. It gave me 81 moths of 16 species, one of them was this darn smart moth...

L-album Wainscot - a south coast speciality - and what a great name!

The rest of the catch was made up of: 31 Setaceous Hebrew Character, 10 Large Yellow Underwing, 10 Lesser Yellow Underwing, 6 Angle Shades, 4 Brimstone, 4 Snout, 3 Light Emerald, 3 Square-spot Rustic, 2 Dusky Thorn, 2 Silver Y, and singles of: Vine's Rustic, Willow Beauty, Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing, Green Carpet and Garden Carpet.

Still awaiting my Convolvulus...

No comments:

Post a Comment