Pages

Thursday 20 August 2009

The Blackhole Variety Bucket

Had an hour free this morning so nipped down to Blackhole Marsh after high tide, at about 11am. It was brilliant! By sheer coincidence I spent the time watching over the Marsh with my sister-in-laws Grandad!! Hope to see him over here more often.

There were three Wood Sands, along with two Green and seven Common Sands. Six Greenshank feeding along the western shore represents a very good local count, they were joined by two Blackwits. The small wader flock at the back of the marsh compromised 19 Dunlin and seven Ringed Plover. Other bits and bobs included a lone Lapwing and a scattering of Teal; that Garganey can't be far away....

With the number of Greenshank in front of me I just had to get my camera out...

Hello Mr Greenshank!

Head on

Ohhh, what's he seen....

And this was the next photo... it was obviously a huge vacuum cleaner!!!

The two Blackwits; an adult and a juv

No comments:

Post a Comment