Pages

Sunday 29 March 2009

Migrants and Doughnuts

I knew today was going to be a good day from the start, when I got into my car (admittedly not 'til 10am!), the first song I heard on the radio was THIS one; an old classic!

First stop was the sea front, and the view was beautiful as ever...

Looking towards Seaton Hole

The view was made even better when I picked up a Sandwich Tern fishing close in off Fishermans Gap. Our first of the year - not to mention a year tick for me!

A bit more looking about revealed rather little, but in Musbury a single male Swallow was sat singing on telephone wires...

Can you see it?

If not, you should be able to now....

So nice to see again, and year tick number two today!

Two Wheatears on Seaton Marshes late afternoon and a pair of Oystercatchers that have discovered one of the shingle islands on Blackhole Marsh round off my patch sightings for today

Off patch though, there was more excitement! I visited James of Alpine Swift and 'jammy fly-over crown' fame early afternoon. He moved to just north of Axminster last year, so it was great to see him and his family again. We had a nice stroll along the back lanes, where a single flock of 15 Swallows were a nice treat, all singing and chasing each other around.

Back at the house, James' wife began to fry the locally famous 'McCarthy Doughnuts'....

They don't look too appetising like this do they?

Well they do when they are like this...

Sooooooooooooooooo tasty!

Thanks guys for a lovely feast, will be back soon.... you can count on that!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment