Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Some More Vis Mig Action

I made sure I was up Axe Cliff fairly early this morning, as the conditions looked good for overhead passage. I left my house full of optimism and my 'vis mig kit'; a scrap bit of paper, a broken pen, a blunt pencil and one click-counter (I own five of them, but four were nowhere to be found at half six this morning!). By the end of my watch the scrap piece of paper looked like this....

I'm not the neatest of individuals!

The highlights of my watch were without doubt the Crossbills. At 09:20 four flew west along the cliff-edge, and at 10:20, when I was walking back to the car a group of five flew over north west.

My full totals for 07:20 - 10:20 were: 1 Little Egret, 3 Mute Swans, 1 Collared Dove, 1 Redwing (my first of the autumn), 2 Song Thrushes, 153 Skylarks, 141 House Martins, 14 Swallows, 354 Meadow Pipits, 1 Rock Pipit, 126 alba Wagtails, 472 Chaffinches, 12 Greenfinches, 81 Linnets, 28 Goldfinches, 27 Siskins, 2 Lesser Redpolls, 9 Crossbills and 4 Reed Buntings.

It wasn't just in the air that birds were on the move; Blackbirds, Song Thrushes, Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Goldcrests were obviously moving through the undercliff westward, most coming up over the cliff-edge just to the west of me.

One last photo. Yes it is just my scope! But I want to prove to a certain local patcher that I can carry my scope more than 5 paces from my car! And I was on my own and no I didn't get it air-lifted in!!!

Proof that the donuts aren't taking their toll on me....yet!

Looks like tomorrow could be another good day for overhead passage, it's ashame I'm working a day shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment